Online Voting is now CLOSED. Thank you all for participating.
Come sign up your little ones for the Baby Contest! Online Registration and Voting is handled by Root for Kids.
Online Registration is now CLOSED.
Contest rules and regulations:
- The contest is open to boys and girls ages 3 months to 36 months residing in Washington County. Children will be judged by age groups. The applying child must be 36 months or younger as of Tuesday, April 19th.
- Registration fee is $10. All contestants will receive a Washington County Fair Baby Contest T-Shirt and an Activity Book.
- Registration will close on Friday, April 1st at 5:00pm. Applications and photos must be submitted by this deadline. Applications missing photos will not be added to the contest. Please email one photo of your child to email@example.com.
- Tips for your photo submission:
- Avoid photos that have heavy filters, text or graphics
- Make sure your child is clothed
- Use good lighting, generally natural light is best
- Make sure your baby is the main subject of the photo and is in focus
- Be creative and showcase your child’s personality
- Tips for your photo submission:
Contest Judging Information
The contest will be divided into three phases:
- 1. Phase I – Preliminary (April 4 – April 5)
- Root for Kids Committee will select the Top 25 contestants of each age group based on the online application and the submitted photograph
- Root for Kids Committee will notify the Top 25 contestants they are moving on to Phase II for the online voting phase by April 5 at 5:00 PM
- 2. Phase II – Online Voting (April 7 – April 22)
- The photos will be added to the Washington County website for online public voting. Voting will end April 22 at 2:00 PM
- The Top 10 contestants of each age group will be selected based on the number of votes their photo received from the public voting
- The Top 10 contestants of each age group will be notified via email by 5:00 PM on April 22 and will be invited to participate in a video call for Phase III
- 3. Phase III – Final Day (April 23)
- Contestants will join a video call with the contest judges for the final phase. Contestants will be separated into three groups
- Schedule of presentations:
- Group 1 (Ages 3-12 months) – 9:30 AM
- Group 2 (Ages 13-24 months) – 11:00 AM
- Group 3 (Ages 25-36 months) – 12:30 PM
- During the Zoom video call, each contestant will take turns interacting with the contest judges. They will draw from a list of questions and prompts to learn a little more about your child and to see more of their personality. Some examples of what they may ask you and your child are: to sing their favorite song, show their favorite toy, or share what makes your child laugh, etc
- Each contestant & their parents will have up to 5 minutes to respond and interact with the judges. It will be important that the child is fully clothed and is shown within the frame of the video call for a majority of your individual time interacting with the judges. We do understand little ones at this age are happiest when they are free to move around as they please, so please do not stress about keeping them “on screen” and sitting the entire time. This will be taken into account and will not work against you. Contestants will be judged on cuteness, personality and the interaction via video
- During each separate group video call, after each child for that age group has had time interacting with the judges, the judges will take a few minutes to deliberate and then they will announce the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners on the video call. They will do this separately for each age group. Later, we will share the winners on the Washington County Fair Facebook page using the photos you originally submitted
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places of each age group will receive a trophy and small gift bag. Arrangements for delivery of the trophy and gift will be made after winners are announced