Common Questions about the Fair
- Fair Dates
- 24-Hour Hotline
- Where is the Fair?
- Fair Hours
- Carnival Hours
- Carnival Pricing
- Premium Lists
- Fair Maps
- Bank Hours
- How can I volunteer for the Fair?
- Reasons Why The Fair Was Held in August. Now in April!
- Why Have A Fair?
- Why doesn’t our Fair have a livestock show?
Answers to Common Questions
April 14-22, 2023
Where is the Fair?
DIRECTIONS: Washington County Legacy Park. Take I-15 to the Hurricane Exit (Exit 16 — SR-9). Go approximately 3 miles. Turn right at the Department of Motor Vehicles across from Quail Creek Reservoir. Look for the flags!
Washington County Legacy Park:
5500 West 700 South
Hurricane, Utah 84737
- Parking: FREE!
- $2/person (13+)
- $1/person (ages 3-12)
Wednesday, April 19: 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Thursday, April 20: 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Friday, April 21: 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Saturday, April 22: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Friday, April 14, 4:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Saturday, April 15, 4:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Wednesday, April 19, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Thursday, April 20, 2:00 PM – 12:00 AM
Friday, April 21, 2:00 PM – 12:00 AM
Saturday, April 22, 10:00 AM – 12:00 AM
- Wristbands (Pay One Price, Subject to Change)
- Wednesday = $30.00 each
- Thursday = $35.00 each
- Friday = $40.00 each
- Saturday = $40.00 each
- Single coupons = $1.00 each (Rides take 3 to 6 coupons)
- 16 coupons = $15.00
- 32 Coupons = $30.00
- 50 Coupons = $45.00
- Family Night = Wednesday, April 19th, $2.00 for each ride
Intake days are:
Thursday, April 13th from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Friday, April 14th from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Wednesday, April 19th from 8:00AM to 11:00 AM (Perishable Items)
An exhibitor may enter a total of 25 items in home arts and 10 items in fine arts. The same item duplicated cannot be entered in more than one department. To be considered for any premium money, ALL items must be registered online. Questions? Call 435-634-5706.
Online Entry Registration is currently open and closes April 8.
The Official Entry Rules and Forms can be obtained online at Premium List.
Friday, April 21: 2:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Saturday, April 22: 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Monday, April 24: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
How can I volunteer for the Fair?
For information please visit our volunteer opportunities page.
Reasons Why The Fair Was Held in August. Now in April!
Fair is now held in mid-April.
This is a question that came up frequently. There was a lot to understand about executing a county fair.
These were the reasons we had the fair in August:
- It is the traditional weekend for over 50 years — the 2nd full weekend in August.
- We have the best carnival in our area for over 40 years and we contract these dates with them 5 years in advance in order to get them.
- Fruits and Vegetables are at their prime to exhibit in our area at this time. (A big fair tradition.)
- In order for our county to participate in the Utah State Fair, we must have our fair before theirs (2nd weekend in September) then our winners and county display can be included.
- We use soooo many youth in our fair (4-H and FFA and city princess royalties) we need our fair before school starts.
- Every BIG event needs it’s time to shine and advertise. There are big events before our date and after our date — Marathon, Senior Games, Summer Games, Dixie Round-Up, etc. Everyone generally knows when the fair is. Fair time in Utah for all counties is late July and August. We benefit from this because we can buy entertainment and attractions together at a cheaper rate.
- The weather averages between 98 and 106 degrees. Nights are PERFECT! That is when we get our crowds. We have never had a major weather event on this weekend. We have been very blessed. We have three cooled buildings, beautiful night temperatures, a lot of snow cones and bottled water and an atmosphere that is hard to beat! There is much to consider with this big event! Supporting the community and being with the family is worth a little heat!
Why Have A Fair?
From the beginning, a fair has been needed in the lives of county residents to build up morale, display talents and wares, and to unite the county. There is no other event that can bring a county together like a fair.
The Washington County Fair Board has adopted this mission statement: “It is the mission of the Washington County Fair to provide one of the best, most affordable events possible in which individuals and families throughout the county can participate with exciting opportunities for education, entertainment and above all, FUN! It is a place where wholesome family activities exhibit the quality of life found in our county.”
Why doesn’t our Fair have a livestock show?
The Dixie Junior Livestock Show is held the last weekend in April, exactly one week after the county fair.